Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jetsetters

I realized this morning that I had triple booked my evening.

I told my sister (who JUST got back from London/Barcelona/Paris after studying law abroad) that I would hang out with her this evening, since she heads back to law school tomorrow.

I made plans with my friends Kaitlyn, Val, and Adriana MONTHS ago when Kaitlyn informed us she would be in town for two days to pack up her life before she heads to her new life in Michigan (she just got back from an intense and impressive summer studying in Boston).

And I told my friend Ellie on Friday that we could raincheck our Friday date to Tuesday.

So that was fun.

However, it all got worked out. I rainchecked (again) with Ellie, who lives in town and is awesome. I made earlier plans with my sister for coffee, and I kept my original plans with my friends!

It was a bittersweet evening. I'm so happy I got to spend time with my favorite people, but it's crazy to think I won't see them again anytime soon. Kaitlyn and I have been friends forever. I asked her to be the reader at our wedding, so yeah, we're clearly very close (and by being the reader, she doesn't have to worry about flying back into Cruces for all the other wedding stuff that can be taxing for a grad school student!). My sister is my Maid of Honor and one of my best friends. And soon they'll be off being all impressive and whatever.

Sad face.

HOWEVER, seeing my girls tonight made me excited for my wedding! We MIGHT have the chance to all celebrate Kaitlyn's birthday for the first time in... maybe forever lol. And we'll all be at the same resort all together for my big day. I'm so thankful that I have great friends that will travel to be with me on my wedding day. I'm so lucky to have such good friends in my life.

No matter where they are :o)

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo happy I got to see you and excited for the wedding and that we all get to hang out together again. We have to celebrate my birthday haha! Who knows when we will get another chance. Love you!

    ReplyDelete