Monday, August 20, 2012

A Mexican Food Weekend

This weekend was filled with...




A birthday party for my handsome fiance, complete with brisket, enchiladas, and a gigantic cake (see above). It was delicious, even if the frosting was that thick blue sugar frosting that turns your whole mouth blue. I felt caught red-handed (blue-toothed?) when Fiance caught me sneaking a piece!

But hey, I worked out six times last week, so I'm okay with it.

Yesterday, our meals included green chile cheeseburgers and guacamole.

Today, I've eaten half a burrito for breakfast, then a truly DELICIOUS torta with steak, green chile and asadero cheese for lunch, followed by enchiladas for dinner.

Am I Mexican or what? I'm clearly tapping into the "Candelaria" side of my heritage with all this food and I couldn't be happier. I LOVE Mexican food (especially southern NM food, which is WAY DIFFERENT than northern NM or Arizona or Texas Mexican food), but I can't have it that often because there are about a million things to eat, but all with about 1000 calories for each dish, which is approximately how much I eat in an entire day.

Do I regret my food, though? Not a chance.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment