Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Review

It's officially 2012, which means that it's time for a bright, new start. But before that, I thought I would take a second to look back at 2011.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I went to a concert! I'm really weird about my music: I've gone to lots of concerts before, but most of my favorite music is old stuff (Beatles, Elvis, Johnny Cash). This year, we went to see The Black Keys and stood right at the front, by the rail! We were just feet away from the performers. I practically blew an eardrum, but it was so worth it.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did well on some, not super well on others!  I always make resolutions because I like having concrete goals.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Boyfriend's cousin had gorgeous Catalina in January and one of my best friends, Blairre, gave birth to her beautiful son Carson in July! They are adorable and so, so good.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
One of my favorite great uncles, Uncle Pete, passed away in New York this summer. It was a hard time, especially for my grandma. He was such a good person and such a great father. We went to see him in New York in 2009 for his birthday and I'm so happy to have those memories with him.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just different places in the United States!

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn’t have in 2011?
Another puppy for Shadow!

7. What dates from 2011 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
June 18. That day, we went to see a potential wedding place in Phoenix. It was really need to see where we could possibly say "I do!"

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I really found a groove in my columns. I'm really enjoying writing my column and finding my column voice.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not eating as healthy as I want! Boyfriend and I looked at old photos from his birthday in 2009 and we were like, "Aw, man... we were so little."

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a few colds, nothing major, but we went through Boyfriend's scary chest pain! I'm so relieved he is all better now, it was so scary.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I got a new Kindle Fire for my birthday and I LOVE IT! Also, I bought a new camera because my old POS camera would decide not to upload all of my photos.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Boyfriend. I get so stressed about things (the future, money, etc.) and he always takes it in stride and not only lets me vent, he does anything he can to make sure I am less stressed for the future. He is trying so hard to finish his engineering electronics certification so he can get a good job for us. I am so blessed to have such a hard-working man in my life.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
An old friend... super whiny, super ridiculous, super self-centered!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent for a while, but now it's in savings! Get me some!

15. What did you get really excited about?
Vacations in Phoenix and Vegas... but especially our new TV from roommate Thomas! It's incredible!

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
"Someone Like You" by Adele. It doesn't mean anything personal to me, but it's so beautiful!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Definitely happier!
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner. Barely.
c) richer or poorer? Richer! A couple great bonuses really helped us out!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Eaten more healthy!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Focusing on the negative or things I can't control.

20. How will you spend Christmas?
I spent Christmas as I always do: splitting time between my wonderful family and Boyfriend's wonderful family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Over and over, with my wonderful Boyfriend.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Teen MOM! Woo!

23. What was the best book you read?
The Handmaid's Tale. SO good.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Black Keys!

25. What did you want and get?
A new Kindle Fire. A new camera. A Tiffany's necklace. Diamond earrings.

26. What did you want and not get?
A Tiffany's engagement ring... just kidding! We're happy where we are.

27. What was your favorite film of 2011?
Bridesmaids. XMen. Harry Potter!

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24 and I had three parties! One with friends, one with my family, one with Boyfriend's family. I felt incredibly loved and special. On my actual birthday, Boyfriend took off and took me to dinner.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Maybe a set plan for the future. I hate feeling like I'm in limbo!

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2011?
Comfortable. Classic.

31. What kept you sane?
A wonderful relationship and great friends.

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Tea Party.

33. Who did you miss?
My cousins that live so far away!

34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
"Life is what happens between big moments."

35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I'll set fire to the rain, watch it burn!"

No comments:

Post a Comment