Tuesday, January 3, 2012

True Life

True Life: I'm Addicted to True Life



It should come as no surprise to anyone reading this that I LOVE MTV. I'm not that addicted to the scripted shows or the Jack Ass Ridiculousness Punkd types of shows. No, my guilty pleasure is reality TV... and especially MTV reality, such as Teen Mom, 16 and Pregnant, and True Life.

I ADORE True Life. It's amazing. This show has such a wide variety of real people, from "True Life: I'm Deaf" to "True Life: I Lead a Double Life" to "True Life: I'm Going to the Jersey Shore". It's incredible! It's even better since I realized that on the channel's website, you can watch ALL OF THEM at ANY TIME.

I know what you're thinking. I'm an educated woman. I'm relatively low-drama. I should be above this. I'm not. I love this... and I think I love it so much because it lets me be around exciting drama without actually having to deal with it myself. When I watch someone being ridiculous on TV, I can cringe and laugh and scream at the TV... and then turn it off and go back to my real life which is filled with just a normal job, a low-maintenance Boyfriend and an adorable, though equally low-maintenance puppy.

My absolute favorite MTV True Life shows are the Southern Belle episode (Rainy made me want to go to school in the South... she is super adorable and seemed so nice!) and the I'm a Newlywed with (as I've discussed before) Laura Beth.

**Update! I found out that Laura Beth, who was presented on the show as a homemaker, is actually a teacher, just like so many women in my family! Love her even more.

Do you love True Life?

No comments:

Post a Comment