Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baby Fever

Today is Catalina's first birthday. Catalina is Boyfriend's cousin's little girl and she is ADORABLE. She's a little fiesty for such a small girl, but I appreciate spirit in such a tiny baby. She doesn't let very many people hold her, but on New Year's Eve, she let me hold her just fine... but I think that's because I have long dark hair just like her mom. She kept looking at my mouth like, "Well you kinda look like my mom... but you don't sound like her..." So cute.

I remember the day she was born: Boyfriend called me at work and I left a little early so I could go to the hospital to see her. She was so small and so sweet, and better than that, it was so wonderful to see how much Boyfriend loved her! He's going to be such a great dad!

As much as I know in my head I'm not ready to be a mom yet, there are times (like when I'm around Catalina!) that I think about how wonderful it will be to be a mama and have a little baby with Boyfriend's dimples and my eyes. I know, logically, that I still want to have some time before we get to that part, but how do you not love the idea of babies? They're so adorable and so tiny!

Ah, baby fever. I'm sure it will pass pretty soon, as Boyfriend and I aren't even engaged yet, but I can't imagine how I'll be once we're married and both have our careers ahead of us! Whew. Good thing there's still time for us to do what we want to do before we settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment