Thursday, June 28, 2012

Best Things About Losing Weight

As I've briefly mentioned on this blog, Fiance and I have been working out and eating better. Since the beginning of the year, we have both lost a good amount of weight and REALLY got a lot more muscle tone and stamina. I feel so much better overall. I sleep better. My hair is shinier. I'm not as sick or as tired. I'm learning to eat when I'm hungry instead of just bored. I'm learning to really LOVE and CRAVE water. But overall, I'm learning that this is not just a diet. This is a lifestyle.

I know, I know. We've all heard that before. But seriously. Some diets don't let you have any sweets or sugar at all. That includes cake. CAKE! I don't want to live in a world without cake. Or french fries. Fiance and I have lost our weight (combined, over 70 lbs!) WHILE eating wingstop/peter piper/cheeseburgers... at least something once a week.

It's so nice to have eating habits that I can have for the rest of my life and stay healthy. That's one of the best things about losing weight. The other best things?

November 2011


May 2012





December 2011

May 2012


Plus, buying pants two sizes smaller than the first of the year is pretty awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go dude! I have a big problem with the eating when I'm bored thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too. Or thirsty... that one is more common than you would think! Lol

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to both of you! I must agree that what you’re doin’ isn’t just a weight loss program, but also a lifestyle. It’s a lifestyle that should always be with you. Getting used to it is the first step and doing it normally (without any force at all) nets lifetime results! Eating sweets, especially cakes, isn’t TOTALLY prohibited in this kind of lifestyle, you know. Laying it off for a moment is also good. It’s all in moderation :)
    Opal Oneal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally agree... moderation is key!

      Delete