Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back... With a Date!

Not THAT kind of date... I already have a perfect, permanent date in Fiance. :o)

But we set the date for our wedding in Scottsdale, Arizona! I'm so happy that our favorite spots (a beautiful, wrought-iron, sparkly twinkle-lit courtyard lined with bouganvilla for the ceremony, a large, chandelier'ed room for the reception) were OPEN and waiting for us to book them. We'll get married in almost exactly a year and I'm so excited.

What else did we end up doing? I'll start from the top!

We left Friday night, after Fiance got off work, which ended up being around 10:30. So yeah. We got to Phoenix around 3:30 THEIR time, which is 4:30 ours. Most of that last hour, though, was spent trying to avoid a traffic jam due to an accident in Phoenix and trying to get alllll the way across the city (we were spending the night at Fiance's mom's house... she just moved there for her job!) to Litchfield Park.

We slept long and hard that night and the next day, we got up and headed over to the resort, where we spent the afternoon swimming, drinking margaritas, and getting (a little too much) sun! It was glorious. We went to dinner at Oreganos Pizza that night and it was TO DIE FOR. SO delicious. I love pizza and this did not disappoint!

Then we headed to the baseball game!

Photo: Go diamondbacks!

We had great seats thanks to my dad, and it was an enjoyable game with a grand slam right in the middle of the fourth!

The next day, we met up with Fiance's mom for some chicken and waffles at Lolo's! i've never tried the combination (though I had heard it was delicious), so I was excited to try something new.

Photo: Trying chicken and waffles!

Oh my God. It was amazing. I just got the one waffle and two drumsticks and it was SO GOOD! I didn't even remember to take a photo until I had already devoured most of my meal!



So yummy. I've been dreaming about it since we left.

Fiance had to go to Albuquerque for work, so he left on Sunday afternoon and I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my family by the pool and getting ready for our bridal appointment the next day.

All in all, it was a great weekend and I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment