Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year, a New Me

It's been a very eventful weekend for Boyfriend and me. Friday, we headed over to El Paso, Tx for the 2nd oldest college football Bowl game... the Sun Bowl! Woo! We sat in 18 degree weather (way too cold for this southern NM girl), ate yummy hot dogs, and watched as Notre Dame destroyed the University of Miami. It was fun to see the game (especially the bands of each! they were awesome), but i was so so so cold. My pants (all three layers) got wet from the ice on the stands so the cold air really got to me. I convinced Boyfriend to come with me down to walk around in the more protected areas of the stadium and eventually, my parents caved and we left.

After the game, we met up with Boyfriend's mom and her boyfriend for dinner at a steakhouse in El Paso, which is Boyfriend's favorite! It was so good... and it was even better to have the chance to drink spiked coffee with my mom in the attempt to warm up. Although it was a cold, cold day... I must admit that driving home in the warm car, watching fat snowflakes fall from the sky made it worth it... almost :o)

After hot showers for each of us, Boyfriend and I decided that staying in on New Year's Eve was definitely preferable to getting dressed up and heading out to one of three parties we were invited to. So instead, we ordered pizza, drank some Dos XX, and watched Easy A and Inception, and kissed in the new year in our nice warm apartment!

The rest of the weekend was nice and quiet, so it gave me a chance to think about New Year resolutions. Normally, I fail at resolutions because I create over-extended goals. Like the year I decided that I wanted to run a marathon. If I could talk to the Jenna that decided to run a marathon, this is what I'd say: "Jenna, what the hell were you thinking? You can't go from your level of activity to a marathon. Maybe a good start would be not using the car to get the mail." (That was a joke from amazing comedienne Megan Mooney.... look her up).

So this year, I'm making more reasonable goals. Here they are!

1. Floss more often.
2. Stop playing with my split ends.
3. Take my dog for a long walk three times a week (he also gets walked with Boyfriend every day).
4. Stop eating processed, bad-for-me foods. Eat more fresh fruits, veggies, and meat.
5. Keep in better contact with friends!

Woo! New Year! Up next, a review of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment