Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The End of the Holidays

For the past two weeks, southern New Mexico has been blessed with sun, plenty of fresh air, and absolutely no winds or low temperatures. And it was wonderful, especially when the news is plastered with stories of people stranded in airports or stuck in the snow.

And now, after the holidays are over, we are getting our low temperatures of the year. Oh, sneaky New Mexico. You smite me yet again.

Here's a little fact about me: I love the sun. Who doesn't? I hate being cold. It's a pretty nice preference for living in New Mexico with over 350 days of sun a year. So when the sun goes away or the cold comes out, I get pouty.

"What's wrong?" Boyfriend asked me today as I got ready for work.
"It's cold," I pouted back.

He paused and stared at me blankly. "It's December..."
"I know that!" I snarled. (It was also very, very early)

But I guess cold is something I'll have to get used to, especially considering the ony two other places I'd want to live (other than Las Cruces, of course) are Boston and South Bend. Both very cold places.

Enjoy your weather, whether it is winter weather or whether it is not! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment