Sunday, October 21, 2012

Peanut Butter and Parties

So Fiance has had a crappy week. He got up every morning at 4:30 am to eat and get ready for work at 5:00. He got off work at 9:00 am, when he would come home and do stuff around the house and work out and study for his certifications, and maybe nap if he could. Then he would go back in and work from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm. By the time he got home, ate, and showered, it was close to 11:00 or 11:30 pm. So even with a nap that day, he was only getting 5-7 hours a day, but all spread out. It was rough.

So we figured we would spend this week just lounging. Fiance worked Friday morning and when he came home, he wanted breakfast. A LOT of breakfast.

We made French toast and bacon. And not just some French toast. Almost an entire loaf into French toast. I think like, 12 pieces of bread. And then entire package of bacon. I had two pieces of French toast and one piece of bacon, and Thomas and Fiance ate the rest. Yes, each had five pieces of toast and almost half a package of bacon.

Normal breakfast when I was single and living on my own was a bowl of cereal or maybe an egg and a piece of toast. Now? I make food for an army. If we have boys, I'll have to triple my food production. Lol!

My sister came in on Friday night, so we went to dinner with her and Kylie and my parents. Yesterday, we worked out and participated in my mom's school's "Toss No Mas" event, which basically entailed us pulling weeds and moving bricks. My boss's birthday party was last night and he had a jumpy balloon. Fiance and I were sitting with my coworkers Gina (and her boyfriend Nick) and Louie (and his girl Liz), plus an engineer John (and his wife Marissa), and at one point, we all just looked at each other and then make a run for the jumpy balloon! All the kids were out at that point, so we ran in and jumped around and then went down the slide attached. It was so fun but HARD! How do kids do that for six hours? We were tired after 15 minutes!

Today, we went to my parents' to say goodbye to Jess and Kylie, who gave Shadow a mostly empty jar of peanut butter, his FAVORITE!

Embedded image permalink

And now, it's Football Sunday and we don't plan on moving from our spots until 5:00 tonight. Boom.

Hasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment