Monday, March 12, 2012

LITTLES

As I've mentioned before, I was a sorority girl in college (Pi Beta Phi til I die! lol) and it was one of the best experiences of my life so far.



This was when I was VP Administration on the Executive Board for my sorority, junior year. Awesome pledge class, awesome year.

In being a Pi Phi, I formed life-long friendships and made amazing memories. In what other world could you experience one of your sisters (who eventually becomes your roommate, and one of your favorite people ever) riding a bike down campus at 3:00 in the morning while other sisters drive next to her playing "Eye of the Tiger" on repeat? Exactly. Hilarious stuff here.

Also, it brought me my Dino Family... why are we called that? Because I do an impressive raptor imitation and Trish does a monster Pterodactyl screech. Here is one of our most epic dino battles to date:



Sorry about the flash, but it was LAAATE and we were so tired.

So if you're one of those "you bought your friends" people, keep it to yourself, please. I don't care if you weren't Greek, really. We all had plenty of non-Greek friends and most of the time, mixing Greeks and non-Greeks was chill and everyone had a great time together. I had a great time, it was worth the dues (which paid, not for friends, but for memories of riding in limos to formal events, to sisterhoods at movies/local restaurants, for t-shirts commemorating Watermelon Bust [just as fun as it sounds], and a family I was lucky enough to find), and though I was partied out when I left, it gave me a place to call home while in college.

Another great thing about Greek life is the Big-Little relationship. My first little was Britt, the one on the left:



We were friends before (her best friend was my first college roommate and one of my oldest friends, Danielle), and I have so many fond memories of cackling away with her because she is HILARIOUS (fact: we were once on TV during an NMSU basketball game because of it. The game was shown on ESPN2 and the camera zoomed in on us. At the same time, I said something to Brit and we both cracked up like it was the funniest thing ever. The camera watched us, zoomed in, for a few seconds before the commentators chuckled and they moved on. Truth).

My other little, of course, is Dianna on the right. She and I were clearly meant to be big/little as we have the same birthday (weird!). Also, she is equally hilarious and so much fun to be around. Right now, she is on a billboard campaign across the town because she is a beautiful, skinny redheaded model and they needed her to represent the amber beers for DLVs. I love seeing her face when I'm driving home because it makes me so proud and happy!

ANYWAY I'm going on and on about Littles because I'm going to dinner with my little in a little (get it?) and I'm excited to see her. She is in the nursing program and, of course, SUPER BUSY all the time, so I'm so happy that we still get together to catch up.

More later! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment