Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Favorites!

I think I'll start a new series called Friday Favorites. On Friday Favorites, I'll review some of my new or old favorite things such as restaurants, drinks, movies, vacations, etc.

~FRIDAY FAVORITES~

I'll start off this series with a Friday Favorite on the importance of skin care. I have only recently begun to take care of my skin. I was blessed with skin that really took a beating as I grew up: I'm fair, but when I was out in the sun too long I just freckled. I never washed my face regularly with the right stuff (I used Dove bar soap on my face until I was about 21). I didn't really wear sunscreen until I got older. I (sadly) used to go out with makeup and not wash it off before bed (although I didn't, and don't, wear foundation or powder or anything, so maybe it's not that bad). My college roommate, Danielle, was so strict with her skincare that it made me start thinking about treating my skin better.

I start out the shower with a Dove cream oil body wash. I've tried a lot of moisturizing body washes, but this is the best. It never makes my skin feel tight and I never feel or look dry when I use it, even though I use it at night. Caution: Don't use this AND a bunch of lotion. When I tried this, I got a little oily.




luuux.com

I also take a good amount of time to clean my face. I read a long time ago that you should wait to wash your face so that the warm water opens your pores, so I wash my face about halfway through my shower and let the soap sit on my skin for a little before I massage it in and wash it off. I like the little scrubber that comes with this brand!
beautifulmakeupsearch.com

Ahh... eye cream. I honestly only started using eye cream when I hit, oh, 23 (hint: I'm still 23), and only then when I got a free sample of this exact eye cream because I had spent so much money at Sephora lol! But now I love it. I mix a little of this with my normal face lotion and use it around my eyes and on my neck. It's thick, but perfect for use right before bed.
perfumezilla.com

For the rest of my face, I alternate between using clinique and another brand (below). It makes my face feel so soft! I love this, but if I know I'm going to be outside watching a football game or something, I try to wear something with more SPF to protect myself.


collegecandy.com

I know, I know, I'm one of those fake tanning girls. However, I have never been in a tanning bed and I'm really careful never to get too much sun without some type of SPF (now... when I was younger? Different story). However, I work in an office so I don't get enough sun. And my legs are SO WHITE that I can try to get sun and burn everywhere else without getting any color on my legs.

I love this lotion because although it smells weird and can be a little sticky, it really works. I mix some of this with my normal jergens lotion to mask some of the smell and it does help a lot. My legs have a lot more color. When I'm planning my wedding, I know I'll use this so I'm not the same color as my dress!


And there you have it! Friday Favorites. Have a great weekend! Don't forget to check back on Fridays for more Friday Favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment