Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Best Parts

There are tons of bad things about being engaged. Well, not tons, but some. Like people getting offended when they aren't invited to your (very small, destination) wedding. Or people putting their own opinions above yours for YOUR wedding. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Planning the actual wedding *

*I realize a lot of women  LOVE this part. I don't. I thought I would love event planning but it is tedious and there are just.so.many.details to remember! That on top of my normal busy job(s) and I always feel like I could be doing something for the wedding. Sigh.

But there are so, so many great things about being engaged. One is coming up this weekend at my bridal shower! I'm so excited to wear white and play shower games and have all of the women I love around me. Fiance's mom is even flying in for it. We'll be missing a few of my favorite women (Dianna, my little, and Steph, a bridesmaid and my cousin who lives in Texas), but I'm so excited to spend the afternoon with the rest of my favorite girls.

Also, I keep forgetting that we will actually be getting gifts for our wedding/bridal shower... but fear not! I went and grabbed some adorable thank you notes to be prepared for the shower :o)

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment