Get my blog in your inbox!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday

Mondays are the worst, and today was not really all that different. My computer monitor's drivers decided to act up, so I couldn't use my laptop or my monitor at work for a couple of hours. Not only that, whenever they flickered, I lost all of my changes to the presentation I'm working on.

Blah.

But I guess this evening was pretty good. Fiance and I made pasta with turkey Italian sausage and whole wheat penne, and it was amazing. Then we ate some of the cake I made yesterday, which is funfetti with homemade chocolate glaze.

The glaze was super easy and super fudgy! It's really simple, too:

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter

Bring to a boil, then add 1 tbs vanilla and a half cup of chocolate chips. Then STIR UNTIL COOL. This is very important. I added another splash of milk because mine started to get grainy because I wasn't beating until cool. But it is SO good. I don't think I'll ever buy frosting again.

Happy Monday. At least it's almost over! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment