Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday

Mondays are the worst, and today was not really all that different. My computer monitor's drivers decided to act up, so I couldn't use my laptop or my monitor at work for a couple of hours. Not only that, whenever they flickered, I lost all of my changes to the presentation I'm working on.

Blah.

But I guess this evening was pretty good. Fiance and I made pasta with turkey Italian sausage and whole wheat penne, and it was amazing. Then we ate some of the cake I made yesterday, which is funfetti with homemade chocolate glaze.

The glaze was super easy and super fudgy! It's really simple, too:

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter

Bring to a boil, then add 1 tbs vanilla and a half cup of chocolate chips. Then STIR UNTIL COOL. This is very important. I added another splash of milk because mine started to get grainy because I wasn't beating until cool. But it is SO good. I don't think I'll ever buy frosting again.

Happy Monday. At least it's almost over! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment