Monday, July 9, 2012

Back into it

Apparently, getting engaged is a free pass to eat whatever you want (in moderation) and only work out sporadically. No? It's not? Because that's what I've been doing! I can't help myself.

I haven't gained weight in the past month (well, about a pound or so, depending on the day, sometimes less), but I sure haven't lost anything. At this point, I wanted to be at least 6-8 lbs down from my engagement weight instead of just 4.

Blah!

The good news about all of this is that I can get it out of my system before the long stretch before the wedding. Also that the wedding is still 11 months away. Plenty of time to get my rear in gear and get back to my routine.

BUT I'm joining a gym TONIGHT with my friend Vanessa. We do Zumba together on Mondays (she goes Wednesdays, too, but that's my dinner night with my mama), and they also have Zumba on Tuesdays and Thursdays around the time right after I get out of work, which would be perfect. On days that Fiance drives at work, he'll get home later in the day (around 6:30 or so), which would allow me to work out on the way home from work. Because when we're both home, I don't have nearly as much motivation to work out as when he's at work and I'm just sitting on the couch for two straight hours!

I just need a little boost to get me back into gear. I'm only about 15-20 lbs away from my goal and I've already lost a good amount from my original. I would be happy to get married at my current weight, because I feel good, I feel healthy, etc., but for my wedding day, the day 've always dreamed of, I just want to feel... amazing.

Wish me luck. I'm zumba-ing tonight and that is final!

No comments:

Post a Comment