Friday, February 17, 2012

Sunshines and Dark Clouds

Welcome to another rousing edition of SUNSHINES AND DARK CLOUDS, which means, even better, that it's FRIDAY! WOO!

Let's get cracking:
SUNSHINES:
  • Since I worked half a day last Friday, I took half a day off today. Then I realized I had an appointment scheduled anyway, so I used some vacation to have the whole day off. WOO!
  • I'm off Monday for President's Day (or something). Four day weekend? Yes, please!
  • I came home to dinner made by my wonderful Boyfriend: panko breaded chicken with extra louisiana hot sauce. Delicious!
  • I was given a big project at work and even though it's hard and thorough, it's a big deal since it represents our whole company and it made yesterday FLY by! I'm excited to have more responsibility and a better understanding of all the secret little projects my boss is always working on.
  • I have a nice pint of Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream waiting for me. A pint usually takes me four or five times to finish, which only prolongs the magic of Ben and Jerry's.
  • The Oscars are coming up, which has given Boyfriend and me an excuse to watch movies all weekend long. Up this weekend? Big Miracle, Hugo (on DVD), Sherlock Holmes, and The Descendants.
  • I've been watching The Singing Bee on CMT, which I don't normally watch, but it's adorable and I like it. I don't have a great voice but I like singing along, which is what this show is all about!
  • Another sunshine is that I have so many sunshines to share! I'm in a great mood!
  • I've been working out on the elliptical and I always go 30 minutes on a number 3 resistance, but this week I've done 35 minutes on 4. It was hard but I'm proud that I made it the entire time!
Dark Clouds:
  • I'm definitely getting sick. I was hoping it was allergies, but I don't think it is. My chest is wheezy and I've been sneezy ALL DAY. I spy nyquil in my future tonight.
  • It's been windy and gross and cold outside.
  • It rained and was windy the past few evenings, which means that my beautiful white car is SUPER DIRTY. But it's only supposed to be rainy and windy this weekend, so I don't want to wash it yet!
  • Remix is being super weird about going outside. Like, she would rather go to her bed than go outside. Weird dog.
  • ALSO she chews on the wall. THE WALL! "What kind of beast just wants to chew stuff?" (if anyone gets this quote, I'll give them $5. HINT: it's from an incredible MTV show).
  • I still need to work out tonight. BLAH.
Have a great weekend! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment