Thursday, February 16, 2012

Late Valentine's Day

This was supposed to be posted on Valentine's Day, but it got stuck in the Blogger Draft Box of Perpetual Bugs, so here it is, a little late, for your enjoyment.

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Since July 23, 2009. We were friends for almost a year before that and talking all summer, but became "official" in July while I was on a Vegas trip with Val, Mikey and Thomas.

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
At the time, my best friend was Mikey, whom I met when we both worked at Texas Roadhouse. We started hanging out in 2006 and poof! A friendship was born.
 
(that's us on my 21st birthday!)


Mikey's other best friend is Thomas, whom I met through Mikey in 2006, too:

(that's us in Vegas 2009! I love him!)

On Sunday evenings in 2008/2009, we would always go to movies. We called it Sunday Night Movie Night (original, right?). Thomas started working at UPS and met Boyfriend. They started hanging out and he started bringing him to movie night.

We were all friends, but I was still way closer to Thomas and Mikey than Boyfriend. Then, one summer, we started talking on the phone. I don't think the rest of the group knew how much we talked until we went to Vegas all together and I talked to Boyfriend for HOURS every day. Everyone was a little shocked...

But happy for us! In the midst of the trip, Boyfriend asked me to be his girlfriend, officially, and I came home in a relationship. It was the beginning of a beautiful thing.

 

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We aren't married, but I know he's the one. He's everything I didn't even know I wanted. He complements me perfectly (not compliments, though he does that, too!). He's chill where I'm wired. He's math orientated while I am definitely not. He's kind to dogs, waiters and kids. He's masculine and always takes care of me. I just love him.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?Oh, I definitely want a small to medium wedding, so destination it is! Since we both have big, Mexican families (at least on one side, for me!), if we had it in our hometown, we would legit have a 400 person wedding. Can we afford a 400 person wedding? No. Of course not. Plus, I don't want to be meeting people at my wedding, especially not Boyfriend's mom's second cousin's daughter's boyfriend's sister.
 
SO we are definitely thinking of a destination wedding so we can control our wedding number a little more.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!He calls me badger sometimes... though I'm not sure why. I call him "honey" most of the time and he calls me "baby" and we both call each other "love". I made it very clear at the beginning that I don't like being called "babe"... when I played competitive softball, we all called each other "babe" in encouragement, in a sportsy way, like, "come on babe, you got this!" so it doesn't feel romantic to me.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He's incredibly kind, he's silly with me, and he has my exact brand of humor.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
 He hasn't proposed, but I don't think it would really matter... although I did set a few ground rules for future proposals (if any!): NOT on Valentine's Day, NOT on a big screen at a sporting event, NOT when at a restaurant in a public way (like, everyone comes around and watches). It would be one thing if we were the type of couple that were really lovey on V-Day, or went to games all the time, or were really public about our love, but we aren't. I honestly don't care if he proposes right when I wake up and I'm just wearing one of his shirts and my dance pants and my hair looks awful. I just don't want it to be forced just to be a good story. Any proposal is a good story if it fits with the couple.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Well, he got me chocolate covered strawberries and flowers, so a little of both! But definitely less romantic and more... masculine, if that makes sense. His romantic side is shown more in how he takes care of me (true story: I called him on my way home from work, sad because I had a rough day, and even though he was sick, he got out of bed, silently got dressed, drove to Sonic and bought me a diet coke with strawberry and vanilla, and made it back home before me just to surprise me. He's incredibly sweet).
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?I would say a little of both. I'm definitely a home-body, but I like chill nights and a sunset dinner on the beach sounds as relaxing as a movie!
 
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I want to travel to Greece with him. He's a great traveling partner and we both want to go there!
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day was Boyfriend's cousin's 21st birthday, so we took him out for a drink. And we made tacos and ate chocolate covered strawberries and then took a nap together. It was great!
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Since we are trying to save money, I told him not to get me anything but he got me strawberries, etc anyway!
 
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
Be honest and find joy in each other every day.
 
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment