Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Day in the Life

I saw this done on some other blogs: a Day in the Life. So today, I figured I'd give you an unclassified version of the Day in the Life of Jenna Candelaria. I chose a Monday for you. Enjoy!

6:15 am: First alarm goes off. I snooze it and sleep in some more.

6:30 am: Second alarm goes off. I yawn like a lion and drag myself out of bed. Thankfully, I shower and set out my clothes the night before, so it only takes me 15 minutes to get dressed, step into some flats, brush my teeth, throw my hair back off my face and (maybe) put on some eyeliner. I kiss Boyfriend and head out by 6:45.

7:15 am: Arrive at work. I turn on my computer and while it is warming up (which takes forever), I fill up my water bottle and eat a granola bar for breakfast. Then I chat with my coworker Louie and my boss Daniel.

7:15 am-11:00 am: During this time, I work on whatever is pressing. I do a lot of generic safety information for my company (like the hazards of working near bees/bears/coyotes), as well as professional documents. If something important has happened, I write a press release and spend some time trying to talk to people for quotes. But other than a few things that happen consistently, I don't have a set schedule. I work on whatever peole need me to!

11:00 am: Lunch! I either eat a Lean Cuisine and a Diet Coke or I head to the bowling alley to grab something to eat with my coworkers, where we discuss football/Derek Jeter/soccer.

11:30 am-4:45 pm: Again, work work work, then I start heading home.

5:15 pm: I make it home. At this time, I start making food for Boyfriend (my specialties are lemon pepper salmon, lime tilapia, nachos, eggs in a basket, and salsa chicken with black beans and corn!) and we argue over what to watch on cable. (I usually win with some What Not to Wear or Teen Mom.)

6:15 pm: Boyfriend heads off to work and I settle in with Shadow to watch some TV and unwind.

7:15 pm-8:15 pm: Around this time, I try to clean up the kitchen, the bathroom, or our bedroom (one at a time, not all of them every day! I'm not crazy! Lol). The chores I hate most are vacuuming and cleaning the shower. I actually happen to excel at sweeping (all those years at Texas Roadhouse sweeping up the peanuts) and washing dishes (which I love to do, with lots of hot, soapy water and my rubber gloves).

8:15 pm: At this time, I either read for a while or spend some time playing with the puppies, who have been playing underfoot since Boyfriend went to work. I take them outside to go potty and to play for a while and allow Shadow to be a guard dog and little Remix learn to be a guard dog.

10:00 pm: Boyfriend heads home while I shower and get ready for the next day. I go to sleep after saying good night and he plays video games in his room until roommate Thomas comes home.

And that's a day in the life! Sorry it's so boring and vague... working with the Government has some limitations. Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment