Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back

Sorry I've been so sporadic about my posting lately. After getting engaged (ahhh!), we've been in a whirlwind of telling our families and friends, making (small) wedding plans, and smiling all goofy at each other when we remember that we're engagaed.

It's gross, I'm telling you.

BUT I'm back with some interesting notes about weddings. Bullet list? Bullet list.
  • WHY IS IT that as soon as you get engaged,everyone (or so they think...) knows exactly what you should have for YOUR wedding? I appreciate the thought because I know everyone is excited, but to anyone who is concerned about my colors or my flowers or that "it's not a wedding without flower centerpieces" (hint: still is, just more expensive)... here we go. If you get invited to my wedding and my lack of flower centerpieces EXTREMELY offends you... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COME. It's not your wedding.
  • Fiance said, and I completely agree, that I can probably just take a look at my friends (both facebook and real life) that have congratulated us or "liked" my status about engagement, then delete everyone else. Seriously. If I have friends on my facebook that can't even be bothered to "like" my engagement, they probably don't need to be in my life.
  • On that note, I have three guy "friends" that I honestly thought were friends until I got engaged. I KNOW they've been online and they couldn't even be bothered to say congratulations even though I've known them for years. I guess they only want to be my friend as long as I'm not married/engaged? Shouldn't a real friend be happy I've found the love of my life?
  • I'm a little overwhelmed about wedding budgets. DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE PHOTOGRAPHERS ARE?! They are very expensive. Luckily, I have a list of things that are important to me (good food, open bar, cocktail hour, good photographer, good DJ) and a list of things that are not so important to me (bridesmaid dresses, centerpieces, fancy invitations, flowers, photobooths, rehearsal dinner place, videographer, groom/groomsmen attire). I'm still getting used to this.
  • I'm so lucky to have a fiance that wants to be involved. The other day, I was looking at invitations on Minted and he kept peeking over at the computer. So I went over to him and we rearranged so that he was sitting lengthwise on the couch and I sat right in front of him so I could lean back against him and both have our feet straight out, then we looked over the invitations together. So sweet.
  • I MISS MY RING! I took it to get sized (since it was about 3 sizes too big and I was TERRIFIED of losing it) and I miss it so much!
  • Sorry this is a pretty depressing post about weddings. I'm SO excited, really, but some unsupporting family members (just no class, not disapproving) and some fake friends have made me a little cynical about this whole thing. But, like Fiance told me, as long as we get married at the end of the day, it's a perfect day. And I can't wait for us to be our own little family :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment