Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Mom,

Today is Mother's Day and I wanted to take this time to write you an entry to let you know how much I LOVE you and all that you do for us! You are a fantastic mom and a great role model and a great principal and I'm so proud of everything you have accomplished. Here are some of my favorite things about you:

You taught me that a marriage is not about following "traditional" roles but accepting strengths and weaknesses. You cook, clean, and took care of us growing up, but you were never scared to go after your dreams and being a successful woman!



You get excited about the smallest things... which taught me how to love the little things in life. Your love for Jay Leno, root beer floats, the Hills, and puns (and the boots below!) have taught me how to be excited about my own little joys: Sonic Route 44s, reality TV, and stand-up comedy.



You are so kind. Your first instinct is to be nice to people.



You LOVE your family so much. I will never forget during Pi Phi Mother-Daughter Tea, we played that "how well do you know your daughter/mother" and we totally won. You knew my favorite movie, what I want to be in 10 years, my favorite vacation. You always made me feel that my opinion/likes/dislikes are important, from the time I was a little girl and you would ask me what I wanted for dinner. Even if I said sloppy joes (which I had never actually tried, but thought they looked good on TV), you would make them. I always felt important in our family.

You are the best, Mom, and I love you so much. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Love,

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment