Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lounge Weekend

After I was so EXHAUSTED last week, Boyfriend and I made plans to have a lounge weekend in which we don't get out of our sweats and just lay around watching movies all day and eating little picnics on our bed. I looked forward to it all week long and I have to say, it's as wonderful as it sounds.

One of our picnics: fresh strawberries, SmartPop popcorn, and big seeded grapes (Boyfriend prefers them)

Most of our time is spent in our clean-sheeted bed, cuddled up with our freshly brushed dog, enjoying our blackout curtains, watching Disney movies and drinking Diet Coke. I'm incredibly happy about my choices this weekend.

Here is Shadow watching Lady and the Tramp with us :o)

Tonight, Boyfriend and I are going to be making scallops. I'm very excited because I LOVE SCALLOPS! I think we'll try out this recipe:

  1. Wrap a piece of bacon around each scallop; secure with toothpick.
  2. Arrange the wrapped scallops on a baking sheet.
  3. Broil 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes per side, or until bacon is crisp.
  4. In small skillet, melt butter; add garlic and saute 1 minute,.
  5. Add broth and bring to a boil.
  6. Cook 2 minutes.
  7. Place scallops in large bowl; pour broth over, Gently toss to coat.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment