Sunday, February 24, 2013

OSCAR NIGHT!

I've mentioned before that Fiance is a MOVIE FAN. Like, a real fan. So of course, the Academy Awards is a Very. Big. Deal. to us. And it's tonight! We are very excited!

Here are my guesses:

Best Picture: I'm guessing Argo, though I wish Zero Dark Thirty would win. I also would love Silver Linings Playbook, but that's the dark horse in my opinion.

Best Actor: I think it will go to Daniel Day-Lewis for Lincoln, but I would love for Denzel to take it for Flight, too.

Best Actress: I REALLY WANT Jennifer Lawrence to win for SLP. Also wouldn't mind Jessica Chastain for ZDT.

Supporting Actor: Team Robert De Niro for SLP, his first great role in a while. He was AMAZING. Another great performance was Christopher Waltz for Django.

Supporting Actress: I hear Helen Hunt was great in the Sessions... I wanted to see it SO BAD but our movie theater in this small town didn't bring it. BOO!

Animated Feature: I'm hoping Wreck-It Ralph, but also loved Brave.

Cinematography: Team Life of Pi! Great book, great movie. That rarely happens.

Directing: IT SHOULD BE Kathryn Bigelow. She got TOTALLY gypped. ZDT was amazing and she deserves a nom if nothing else. But I think it will go to Old Faithful Steven Spielberg.

Those are the big ones. Tune in tonight to see if I'm right!

No comments:

Post a Comment