Saturday, February 23, 2013

Geez

Geez. How have I not blogged anything since February 15?

Oh yeah, we went to Phoenix and then when we came back, I twisted the CRAP out of my ankle at the end, so then I was recovering and being sad about it. Oh, and I came back right into a big project at work (cue overtime). So there's that.

Let's recap.

We went to Phoenix on Thursday night (Valentine's Day). We like to make that drive at night, when there isn't anyone on the road but us, and we take turns taking naps if we are tired. We left around 10, and got into Phoenix around 3. We listened to a Harry Potter book on tape on the way, which is the best way to travel, of course :o)

Friday was spent eating at Oregano's and then planning our beautiful wedding before heading to our menu tasting, which was INCREDIBLE.

Photo: At the menu tasting for our wedding! :)

We tried a ton of stuff... swordfish, steak, pot stickers, asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes, gold scalloped potatoes, ahi tuna, chicken on a crostini... it was all SO GOOD. We had a hard time narrowing it down, but we did!

Saturday we tried on my DRESS! It was way too big (I've lost about 15 lbs since I bought it), but it's just as beautiful as I remember. We tried it on with my mom's veil from 1983 and it looks beautiful with it. I'm so excited.

Saturday night, we went to our first hockey game and it was a BLAST. We had a great, great, great time. The crowd was excited and they had a lot of music and fun games. It was really really fun. We can't wait to go back!

Photo: Our first hockey game! Go coyotes!

Go Coyotes!

Sunday we shopped until we dropped and got ready for our second set of engagement photos with our actual photographer for the wedding. I can't wait to see the photos! Here's a teaser:



Monday, after the photos, we headed home to this little face:

Photo: "Mom. Pet me."

HE IS TOO CUTE!

This is getting long, so I'll wrap it up. I'll recap Val's birthday later :o)

Happy Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment