Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Review of 2012

So 2012 was amazing. It was more than amazing. It was the best. But then again, I always say that.

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I got engaged! I also ran a mile straight in 10 minutes. I'm incredibly proud of that one. I've never been a great runner, and I was so happy when I finally did it. 

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Hell yes, I did. I dropped five dress sizes and over 40 lbs. I'm super proud of myself. I also saved money and Fiance and I are now officially out of debt except my car. Get. Me. Some.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My good friend Blairre had her second baby, a beautiful little girl named Kennedy and I love her already. 

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just different places in the United States!

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn’t have in 2012?
Another puppy for Shadow. This is the same as last year :o)

7. What dates from 2012 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
May 18... the day we officially got engaged. Fiance took me up on a helicopter tour of Las Vegas, and then popped the question over a million lights with Frank Sinatra playing. It was amazing and unforgettable. 

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Dropping five sizes. Running a mile under 10 minutes. 

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being more career-oriented. I was SO BUSY with that big work project that I didn't get to do as many freelance projects as I wanted.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
One bad cold that knocked me on my rear for a week. But I've been blessed other than that.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My brown riding boots. I wear those with everything. My best presents were my Kate Spade Mrs necklace from Fiance, my Clarisonic Mia face cleaner, and my iPhone. :o)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom. She's a principal at a local elementary school and she is my hero. She works like 80 hours a week and spends all of her time and money on her kids and teachers. She just cares so much and works so hard for them and I'm so proud of her.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some family members. Nobody close to me, though, obviously.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mostly in savings for our WEDDING! Less than 6 months to go!

15. What did you get really excited about?
Getting married! I'm SO excited to be a wife.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012? 
"Hey Ho" by the Lumineers. It's my ringtone for Fiance and every time I hear the chorus "I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart", I get happy. :o)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
Definitely happier!
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner. A lot.
c) richer or poorer? Richer! Much richer. I got a raise and Fiance got a promotion and we are, for the first time in a long time, in a position not to worry about money (we aren't rich, of course, but we are in a perfect position for our means of living).

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read. I went through all kinds of phases where I read a lot, but overall, I read less this year than ever.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Focusing on the negative or things I can't control.

20. How will you spend Christmas?
I spent Christmas as I always do: splitting time between my wonderful family and Fiance's wonderful family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Over and over, with my wonderful Fiance.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I'm currently ADDICTED to United States of Tara on Netflix. So good.

23. What was the best book you read?
11/22/63 by Stephen King. Not a scary book, but so good. Also Gone Girl. 

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Lumineers!

25. What did you want and get?
Clarisonic Mia. An iPhone. An engagement ring. :o)

26. What did you want and not get? 
New tires for my car. Soon, though.

27. What was your favorite film of 2012?
The Hunger Games! It was incredible.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 and had an amazing birthday dinner with my friends filled with beer, green chile cheeseburgers, and then shots. Then I had a great dinner with my family on my actual birthday and had crab legs and cheesecake.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm not sure... I'm pretty happy with what I have. :o)

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2012?
Comfortable. Classic.

31. What kept you sane?
A wonderful relationship and great friends and amazing family and adorable dog. Also Diet Cokes with strawberry and vanilla from Sonic.

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Reproductive rights and gay marriage.

33. Who did you miss?
My grandfather. I was very, very close to him. He died in 2008 and every time we talk about the wedding and about seeing all of my family for the wedding, I miss him more and more. He would have LOVED Fiance and he would have so loved to give me a hug and say congratulations when I got engaged. 

34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
"You are as happy as you choose to be."

35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment