Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Weekend Recap... a few days late!

So this weekend we went up to Albuquerque to watch Nate fight and also to visit my lovely sister!

Jess and Kylie took us to Bobcat Bite, which is AMAZING!

It's a little converted house/restaurant in the hills of beautiful Santa Fe, and it's called "Bobcat Bite" because bobcats used to (and maybe still do) come down from the hills and beg for scraps from local restaurants. They had tons of pictures of little bobcats that have come to beg for delicious meat!


MENU

The menu is simple and very meat-based, because the meat is fresh ground chuck that is locally made, so you can get it as rare as you want without having to worry about the bacteria that typically goes with hamburger meat. We all got ours rare and they were AWESOME.

My only complaint is that the chile wasn't very hot. The cheese was delicious and even the bun was great, but I wanted a little more heat for my green chile cheeseburger. Also, I wish they had french fries. But other than that, one of the best burgers I've ever had!

We checked into our hotel (Hyatt Place Uptown, right by the Coronado Mall and Trader's Joe's! What more could I want?) and then rushed over to watch the fights, where we met...




THE LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

If you're a UFC fan (which I never was until I started dating Fiance, who LOVES UFC), you know who this guy is. If you aren't, let me tell you. This is JON BONES JONES, who is one of the best fighters in the world. He has come through and beat some of the best fighters in the world, including Sugar Evans. He fights out of Jackson's camp in Albuquerque, so it wasn't SUPER weird to see him there, but it was definitely exciting!

He was so nice, too. There were a few of us waiting to talk to him and he kept looking over at me and smiling and then asked what I was drinking. I told him a margarita and offered him some. He laughed and said no, that's he's still in training. But he talked to us for a while and was SO nice and courteous. It made me more of a fan than I was before.

We spent the next day shopping a little and then came home. I'm ready to get back to our routine of eating healthy and getting some real sleep... we didn't get a lot of sleep this weekend!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment