Wednesday, September 5, 2012

And Then I Almost Passed Out

So here's a little math problem for you:

What does one girl, plus 500 calories, plus one hour-long workout, plus no food for eight hours equal?

A very close call.

Yesterday I was a genius and didn't eat from 11:00 in the morning until 7:45 that night. I was just so busy all day and then as soon as I got home, I hurried to change and then rushed off to Zumba. It was a TOUGH class with one of my favorite instructors: she's a great teacher, but she is super hard and made us do a bunch of jump squats. I was pouring sweat but feeling good.

Then when I got home, I felt sticky and awful, so I decided to shower before making dinner. I showered, washed my hair, then spent some time French braiding my hair to get it off my face. THEN I started making dinner.

I made baked ziti, and I made a double batch of it so I could freeze some for my friend Blairre who is just days away from having her baby girl Kennedy. While I was at it, I made Fiance some lunch for today, which included two peanut butter and honey sandwiches with some new local wildflower honey I bought recently.

Here's the embarrassing part. The honey lid was stuck SO tight that I practically popped my arm out of the socket when I was struggling to open it. When I finally got it, I felt this intense pain on my shoulder. Then my vision went black and when I opened my eyes again, I was clutching the counter and kneeling on the floor and felt AWFUL.

I went to the couch and sat down for a second. Thomas brought me some water and that helped SO much that I was able to get up and finish dinner and Fiance's lunch. I finally ate something around 7:45 (though I did have a small spoonful of peanut butter after the near-fainting.

I think it was a combination of being dehydrated (from all the Zumba and then the hot, hot shower), being hungry, and being tired. I felt 1000% better after getting some water and eating a little something.

So that's my fun story. I'm the coolest person in the world, right? I feel like Pooh-Bear, struggling so hard to open a honey pot that I almost passed out. COOL.

But I'm all better now and that's what counts! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment