Sunday, June 12, 2011

While the game continues...

As I write this, Shadow, Boyfriend and I are at my parents' house watching the Mavs vs. Heat game (not having cable, of course, sends us begging to our parents for some screen time). Well, Shadow isn't so much "watching" the game as he is "running around with a rope trying to get Lula to play", and I'm not so much "watching" as I am "writing a blog post about my weekend so far".

But it's on in the background, and Boyfriend is watching it, and I think that counts. :o)

I've had a really long week, so I'm sorry it's been a few days since I posted. I worked about 50 hours last week (plus a long commute, so I was away from home about 55-57 hours last week), which is rough and makes me very sleepy. It's all worth it, though, because the week is over and now it's just a few days until we head...

BACK TO PHOENIX!

I know, you must be thinking that we are crazy for 1) going to AZ so often (three times in two months) and 2) going to AZ so often in summer, but I love it there. There's so much to do and so many different restaurants to try out. I can't wait to move there with Boyfriend (who, at that time, might either be Fiance or Husband). But for now, quick weekend trips are good enough for me!

This weekend has been busy, busy, so I'm really ready for a little vacation. After a full week, yesterday was full of errands: getting my oil changed, picking up some housewares from my grandma, visited Boyfriend's mom, and then got ready for UFC fight night. We had such a good time watching the fights! I had never been into UFC until I started dating Boyfriend. I'm still not a big big fan, but luckily our good friend Thomas brought his sister Vanessa so we could just rate the hotness of the fighters instead of their ground technique :o)

All in all, it was a great night with good friends: Thomas, Vanessa, her boyfriend Aaron, Mikey, Mike's sister Nicole, Boyfriend, and me. We ate sandwiches (with green chile, of course) with sweet potato fries and drank beers and vodka cherry sprites (for me, at least!), and we laughed so hard that other tables were looking over at us as if wondering what exactly was so funny.

I love nights like those! Vanessa even told me, "I have more fun with you guys than my other friends!", which made me so happy because I always have a good time with them, too.

And this week will be great for another reason: Boyfriend has this whole week off as a vacation week! So every night when I get home from work, he'll be there for the whole evening! We can take Shadow on walks before dinner, then take our time making dinner instead of rushing (usually, when Boyfriend is working, I have less than half an hour to get dinner made so Boyfriend has time to eat, change for work, and get his stuff together). We can watch a movie together and actually go to sleep together instead of me going to bed and him staying up hours later.

Sorry this is so short, but I'm off to the movies with the same group to watch Super 8... good night, loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment