Monday, June 6, 2011

Movie Summer

One of the best things about summer is the movie selection. I didn't realize how important summer movies are until I went through late winter/early spring (February-April) with Boyfriend, who I've mentioned is a movie buff. That season has very little as far as movies, because most companies wait to release their movies until it's closer to Oscar time or it's summertime.

Lucky for us, it's summer! Yay! Movies!

Mikey, Thomas, Boyfriend and I go to Sunday Night Movie Night every Sunday evening during summers (and during other months, too, but almost ALWAYS during summer) and I'm so glad we've started going regularly again, to movies that are actually worth seeing. So far we've seen Hangover II, Bridesmaids, Fast Five, XMen The Beginning, and Thor.

I love going to the movies. I used to go with my dad, to the guy movies that my mom and sister didn't want to see. We'd share a big bag of popcorn and a big Coke. Being in that dark room that was always a little cold, by my dad or my family, that was always the best.

It's nice that Boyfriend and I love to go to the movies, mostly because there's very little else to do in this town other than eat or drink. And it's especially nice to go on a Sunday evening with our friends and then talking outside of the theater for another hour, in the beautiful New Mexico evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment