Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Get Away From It All

Thursday, Boyfriend and I will head off to Mesa, Arizona to watch The Black Keys tear it up at their sold out concert. I'm excited but Boyfriend is VERY excited. I love seeing him like this. Boyfriend has a great smile that really lights up his whole face and when he's excited, he's like a mini-sun all day :o)

I'm excited for Arizona for a lot of reasons other than The Black Keys, too, like this:


chelseapiers.com

and this:


markgibsonphoto.com

and definitely this!

thewringer.com

Some pool time, some shopping, and some In N Out (which we don't have in New Mexico)... what could be better?

I'm in the middle of packing now. It's amazing how quickly I took on the same role that my mom had before trips... I'm doing laundry, making sure we have our toothbrushes and shampoo and conditioner, checking that we have all the tickets and directions. It's a lot more stressful than I gave my mom credit for! It's a lot to worry about. I miss the days of just getting in the car and letting my dad drive and completely trusting that my parents had the whole trip planned out... but at the same time, I really like taking trips with just me and Boyfriend. :o)

I will miss Shadow, though. He is such an important part of our little family and we both missed him a lot when we went to Boston in November. But he'll be staying with my parents (and their pitbull Lula Mae), where they give lots of treats and he'll have Lula to play with (and a huuuuge yard to run around in). It'll be like a little vacation... but I can't say that I didn't melt when his ears went down in sadness when I pulled out the suitcase :o(

Vacation, all I ever wanted, vacation, had to get away!

:o)



No comments:

Post a Comment