Monday, July 11, 2011

Inspirations from Team USA

(I wrote a column about my love for inspirational sports moments... click here to read it!)

Yesterday, Boyfriend and I got up early to head over to my parents' for breakfast and a little USA soccer. The women's world cup was on, and I was ready to watch us play Brazil! Loaded with a breakfast burrito (with a fried egg, bacon, cheese, and green chile) and some fried potatoes, I rode an emotional roller coaster for close to three hours. I was excited, then confused, then mad, then resigned, then ecstatic, then nervous, then jubilated, then EXCITED x 100. I can't believe we pulled it off.

As Hope Solo said on Facebook last night after the game, that come back, that never-say-die attitude, that is exactly what this country is about. It's about playing hard until the end and never giving up. I'm cheesy, now, but what can you do when faced with patriotic inspiration in the form of US women's soccer?

(Cue the Star Bangled Banner, right?)

Now back to my dinner- ribeye with french-cut green beans made by my amazing Boyfriend. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment