Sunday, February 13, 2011

Twas the Week Before V-Day

I know, I know, I haven't posted in a while. To both of you that read this blog, lo siento. I'm sorry, truly, but really... you didn't miss much. Boyfriend, Shadow and I were stranded in our apartment with no water (so no way to wash dishes, cook much, flush the toilets or shower), with leaky pipes and a bathroom that was not even in service because we had a leak so the apartment people came in to fix everything and left a HUGE MESS.

ugh.

So we high-tailed it to my mama's house and stayed with her! My parents are keeping my sister's pitbull Lula Mae while my sister is in Portland, waiting to start law school (she just got accepted into UNM!), so Shadow had the time of his life there.

We didn't do much... we really just played Donkey Kong on the Wii, read, and enjoyed watching cable. Now, I looooove cable. I love trashy MTV reality shows (flavor of love? rock of love? i love money? teen mom? 16 and pregnant? made? sign me up!), so I was really, really looking forward to having cable again.

Turns out, cable? Not as great as I had remembered. Half the time there is NOTHING ON and you spend your time flipping between channels hoping a sitcom rerun is coming on. Boyfriend and I have netflix, so we have been enjoying watching the shows that we love whenever we feel like it.

Spoiled, spoiled, I know.

But it was fun all the same, a kind of mini vacation where Shadow had a yard to run in and a friend to play with. It definitely showed us that he needs a friend (a full time friend), so as soon as we purchase a house, we're getting another puppy. One dog in an apartment is enough for me!

What was the original intent of this post again? Oh yeah. Valentine's Day! I, personally, am waiting for the 15th of February... discounted chocolate day! woop woop! Boyfriend and I celebrated our V-day early, by going to the Melting Pot and seeing Wicked (so so so good) in Albuquerque. Plus, Boyfriend works on V-Day (as do I), so we are going to be pretty low-key... I'll be picking up Sonic and we'll watch a few episodes of the Office before he goes to work. Hey, we'll make sure to watch the cheesy Jim-Pam love story episodes, just to make it romantic. I mean, it is Valentine's Day after all :o)

Now, we're off to see the Fighter! Hasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment