Friday, March 18, 2011

Starring...

In the effort to let people get to know me (and my life), I thought I'd give a list of characters that I mention on this blog, as well as a little bit of background. First, I'll start with Boyfriend. I'm sure he's starting to seem pretty familiar (since I talk about him all the time), but first, I thought I'd tell how we got together through the help of some really great friends :o)



Boyfriend is way cuter in person than he is in pictures (though I still think he's cute. Look at that big smile!). He and I met through his best friend Thomas, who is one of my close guys friends and one of the best guys I've ever met. I met Thomas through Mikey, who I worked with at Texas Roadhouse for years and years.


(Mikey is the one on the left, thomas is on the right. This is at 6 Flags in California on a roadtrip we took one summer. I think they were trying to look sexy, not borderline stoned.)

Mikey has been one of my best friends for a long, long time. We both pledged into the Greek life in 2006, our first year in college, and that same fall, we bonded when Pi Beta Phi and his fraternity, Kappa Sigma, went to homecoming together. This meant lots of time together, outside of work and inside of work, talking about our float.

By the next December, Valerie and I were spending every most nights at Mikey's house, which he shared with two other boys. We'd listen to Mikey play his guitar and talk all night long. During this time, Mikey's best friend Thomas became a good friend of ours. I could tell right away that he was someone I could really trust.

Mikey, Thomas, my best friend Val and I became a fierce foursome after that, going to movies every Sunday and spending most of our nights out together. We went bowling. We drank (a lot). We celebrated birthdays, holidays, school things, promotions. We went to Vegas for a Blink 182 concert and to California for roller coasters.


Here are the four of us in one of my ONLY group pictures (even though Mikey is uncooperative).

Anyway, Thomas and Boyfriend worked together and eventually, Thomas started bringing him to our Sunday night movie nights. We hit it off and the rest is history! We've been together for a year and a half now, but were friends before that for about a year.

Next, I'll talk about Boyfriend and then Val. Hasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment