Get my blog in your inbox!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

WEDDING RECAP 1: Rehearsal Dinner

We headed over to Phoenix on Thursday morning, early, after dropping the dogs off at the doggy day care where they would be living it up in fancy "apartments" with air conditioning, rugs and their own little dog run. Our dogs are spoiled :o)

But it was hard leaving Shadow, knowing it would be SO LONG before we saw him again... almost two weeks! Yikes. He was very concerned about us leaving, but as soon as his friends showed up (my mama's two standard poodles and Jessica's pitbull Lula), he was much happier... though he did bark at us when we left like, "Hey, you forgot me!"

Then, we packed up my parents' car and we were off!

I actually did a little wedding planning on the way over to the resort, checking in on our final payments to the resort and our photographer, and confirming my dress appointment for that day. We headed straight to the courthouse and picked up a marriage license, which I was SUPER nervous about... I don't know why, but I was really worried they wouldn't give it to us because of a waiting period (which I KNOW they don't have, because I looked it up online, but I'm a worrier by nature) or a blood test or whatever. But no matter! We got in and got out and then got me to my dress appointment :o)

We finally made it to the resort at 4 or so, dress in tow, tuxes in tow, and checked into our room. My room was right outside of the Alameda court where we were getting married, so I could make a quick entrance, so it was super super super exciting seeing the Alameda where we would be saying "I do"!

Thursday night, we relaxed with our friends and then spent a lot of time with family, who came in from the four corners of the country to visit with us. I felt so, so blessed to have such great people in our lives, there to watch us tie the knot.

It was a long day, but we still managed to stay out until midnight, hanging out by the pool with our friends. I wouldn't have it any other way :o)

Friday was a busy day, too, but in a GREAT way. Josh and I had breakfast together (I love room service!) and then I headed off to the spa to have my facial, exfoliation, hydration, mud wrap and hand treatment done. I might have fallen asleep for part of it, so the time went by REALLY fast but I was totally ready for the rest of the day, which was spent out by the pool (again), spending time with MORE family and MORE friends who had come in! (Also, I spent a lot of time trying to avoid tan lines... the sun is STRONG in Arizona and I burn easily!)

That night, we met up to rehearse for our wedding :o)

Josh with his groomsmen/best friends/cousins :o)

Then we headed to our favorite place in Arizona... Oregano's Pizza! SO DELICIOUS!

We feasted on pizza and Sprinkles cupcakes, then watched a slideshow of our lives, and gave out our presents to our groomsmen/bridesmaids. It was a lovely night with everyone we love.

Up next: The wedding ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment