Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Mexico Weather

Today, as I curl up in a throw blanket with Boyfriend and Shadow, watching old episodes of Rock of Love on Hulu Plus, I think I want to address one of the biggest phenomenons of New Mexico weather: it might be bipolar.

Take today for instance. 11:00 was beautiful! The sun was shining, the air was cool but the sun was warm on your shoulders. There was a slight breeze, but nothing bad at all.

Fast forward to 3:00. Enter wind. Enter cold. Enter dust. When we had our big storm last February, the temperature dropped about 50 degrees in a week. I kid you not. That weekend, it was 50 degrees, but three days later, it was zero. ZERO! In one week!

I can handle cold (sometimes! lol), but I like to be prepared for the kind of day I'm about to have. There's nothing worse than carrying around a big coat all day when the weather decides to behave, or to wear a t-shirt and not bring a sweater only to encounter 35 degree weather as soon as the sun drops past mid-sky. It's ridiculous.

Today, Boyfriend and I avoided the weather as much as possible by going bowling and then spending the evening watching trashy reality show and relaxing. After a busy, busy day yesterday, it was so nice to just veg and not do anything at all.

Ah, Rock of Love. Back to the trashy show. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment