Thursday, August 11, 2011

BooksBooksBooks

Just like I go through periods of shopping (like Tuesday!) and cleaning (like... I should today) and exercising (ditto), I also go through long periods wherein I devour books like candy. However, this can be more expensive than almost all of my other cycles because:

1) I ALWAYS re-read my books, which means I can never trade books permanently with friends without feeling "trader's remorse." This is mainly because I read books really fast so I almost always miss something the first time. In fact, I commonly read a book in a few days, take about a day off, then start it again from the beginning. You might be thinking, "Hey, why don't you just read slowly the first time?". The answer is that I can't. I just can't. Sometimes I'm literally hungry for books and when I'm reading, my eyes are drinking in the words and I'm like an alcoholic in front of a handle of vodka. I just can't stop myself. (What kind of nerd is addicted to books? Answer:

This girl... with the boa and tiara!)

2) Unlike shopping for clothes, which can be solved with just one new dress or a new shirt... my book buying periods last for a much longer period of time and take a lot more books to fulfill my craving.

So today, I bought the first of the new series that I'm in love with:


suzannecollinsbooks.com

I LOVE THIS BOOK! Have you guys read it yet? It's amazing and I can't wait for the movie. One of the perks of having a movie-fanatic for a boyfriend is this exact conversation that happened a few minutes ago when I gushed to Boyfriend about how much I love the book.

Boyfriend: The Hunger Games?
Me: Yes. It's amazing!
Boyfriend: Well, I hope the movie's good. I like Jennifer Lawrence, so it should be a good movie.
Me: *pause*... movie?
Boyfriend: Oh. Yeah. In 2012.
Me: How do you know that?
Then Boyfriend gave me an adorable smile and said, kind of shyly: I know about most upcoming movies, love. I read a lot of movie news online.

He's so adorable.

There are lots of other books I want to read, though, such as:

The Jaycee Dugard story "A Stolen Life" (the girl who was kidnapped and raised in a house with her tormentors for years and years),


audioeditions.com

The Help (I know! I'm so behind!)

amazon.com

Bossypants by Tina Fey, one of my favorite women ever



The Island by Elin Hilderbrand!


Ahhh... Books. Is there anything better?

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment